Tuesday 19 October 2010

Virtual Reality


Virtual Reality

I thoroughly enjoyed this project.
As this was the first project of the Foundation Degree Year One I think just about everyone in the class felt pressured to set there work off at quite a high standard.
I really enjoyed getting to grips with Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator again after a long 6-8 weeks off. For the past two years i don't remember designing something completely vector based so I thought I would challenge myself and draw out my design then get it scanned straight onto the Mac. On the other hand i can safely say i wasn't looking forward to the reams and reams of research expected of me at the National Diploma level. However once i got into the project i really enjoyed learning more about the subject matter of Virtual Reality and I really do think i've came out of the project with wider understanding of it.
Initially i did encounter a few problems with setting up my layers pallet and making sure everything was kept organised with the amounts of different colours etc I used in developing my design. However this problem was shortly solved and i was back on track to producing a high quality design... if only!
I think my development of the final idea went really well as from the first initial scamp I scanned in i think the design has came on significantly. One problem i think i did come across was the fact that my initial ideas didn't seem strong enough to support the subject matter and I think if I was to redo this brief i would defiantly set myself more time for initial ideas and try and get as many down as possible to make my designs and development broader.
I think i did acquire new skills on the Mac in the Adobe programmes and learnt to organise my layers as when your working with at least fifteen layers at a time its really hard to keep organised. Personally i think my time management really did go well and my design was Printed and ready with my research/development book for deadline.
I think my strengths are working to deadlines and my time management skills seem to be on form at the minute. I think i need to improve the amount of initial ideas I put down and really develop at least three of them instead of diving straight into one design. To build on my strengths I think it would be great to work to a tighter brief and see what i'm like under pressure. I think my lack of initial ideas could stop me reaching my goals and getting the best out of my final designs.

No comments:

Post a Comment