Tuesday 10 May 2011

Bluebride Records

Bluebride Recording Company logo. The recording company has just been set up in Newcastle College and they have asked our class to create a logo for them. I immediately set out researching the Newcastle area and then moved onto researching recording companies. I came across a few really good companies that I decided to look more at and then I put them onto my Blog to tie in well with my Personal Professional Development. I immediately started looking at some initial ideas and got a few thing straight down onto paper as I find this is the easiest way to start designing by getting all of your ideas straight down on to paper in case I happen to forget any. My first few ideas seemed to be really gimmicky as I seemed to include images of the bridges in Newcastle and then images of the bridge in a guitar and they weren’t really working too well. I then looked at incorporating images together so adding the music note with the name or adding the music not to the bridge and not using any typography. This didn’t work, as it was really hard to tell what the logo was trying to advertise. I then create my best idea and it was an image of headphones but with the headpiece as a bridge so they were both collaborated into one. I really liked it and then took it into development. I changed the weight of each bridge stroke and then decided on what looked better. I then worked with the type for a while and decided that it looked best in black without any other colour in the logo because I noticed that a lot of recording company’s just had very simple colour pallets. My final piece is very successful and I really do like it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment