Tuesday 10 May 2011

Seaton Slice





I was asked to design a logo for Seaton Sluice first school based on a design created by one of the students. I immediately started sketching out a few initial shapes of the rosette that the student created and really tried to simplify the design as obviously it was going to be printed onto a number of piece of clothing and packaging etc so the school requested that we kept the design to a bare minimum and very simplistic. I had a few ideas of just simple circle shapes to create the design but I thought my designs were almost to simple and there had to be something about my design which made it stand out from other peoples in my class that were fighting for the top spot. I then chose one of my designs to develop. It was just a circle in the middle of the page with two ribbons coming out of the bottom with Seaton Sluice First School printed in the centre of the circle. I then began to expand on the design and added an outer circle so there was two colours the middle of the circle to create some depth. The design was beginning to take shape. I then finally added outer part of the design to the logo and created the swirls around the outside. I think it has really came together now and looks really effective on its own on a white background but also works really well on a purple background (the colour of the school sweat shirt)

No comments:

Post a Comment