Tuesday 15 November 2011

AD204 Packaging.

For AD204 we were given three smaller projects. This particular module was not a normal module but more of an idea exercise and idea generation module. The module focused more on the idea generation and  development that having three beautiful, high quality visuals at the end of the project. I think this project was very successful as it made me think alot about getting my ideas straight down onto paper rather than over thinking ideas. 

The first part of the project was a team exercise and working in pairs we had to do a quick name generation exercise for a 'new orange juice drink'. Myself and my partner came up with the name 'Orange Pulse'. We thought we would aim our product at students and keep the cost low and create more of a energy juice drink that a standard fresh orange juice. I think its very successful overall and the logo works really well. I think the background of the bottle is very good and immediately screams that it's an orange drink.



The second part of the project was to find a piece of packaging that I didn't think was working and to rebrand the chosen product. I chose Apples Earphones as I thought compared to the rest of the range, the earphones didn't seam to work so well. I kept an image on the earphones so they are immediately recognisable but then added colour into the design to try and liven up the work a little bit. I think it worked really well as an illustration. 



The final part of the project was to design another piece of packaging for the Nuby Baby Range. I used animal print and pastel colours to make the designs soft and appealing to children. I really like this final outcome and i think my work has developed throughout this project, gradually getting better and I think they have resulted in my final piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment