Thursday 10 May 2012

Digital Skills Evaluation...


I really like my portfolio website and think the design and layout work really well. I love the simplicity of my website as it allows my work to be the main focal point at all times and shows a wide range of my work. The simplicity of my website works well with the colour pallet and font that I chose when researching as I made sure I chose a pretty neutral colour pallet using greys and whites and blacks keeping everything simple and set in the background to make sure the hierarchy of information was correct with my work being top of the list.

I think the home page of my website works really well because of the simplicity of it and the way you can immediately see snippets of each piece of work so if you were to see something that caught your eye you would immediately click on that image and it takes you to a page all about that piece of work in particular. However if I had more time to create this webpage I would have considered making the images more of a mosaic so it looked more attractive but I don think this is totally necessary as this could have taken the focus away from my actual work.

I really like the way my pages are set up so that they are all the same as each other just with different content and text on each page so they all correspond with each other. If I were to re make these particular pages I would consider adding some form of navigation so that I was able to move from one of these pages to one of the other pages of images. For example a smaller image of the mosaic could be placed at the bottom of the page to allow me to click onto each page from the page that I was on but once again I don’t think this is a necessary factor on my website and I don’t think it is something that will determine if my website works as a whole or not.

I managed the creation of my website very easily however I think I could have given myself some more time to work with Gemma to get all of the webpages finalised at the end of the project and given myself some time to make sure everything was exactly how I wanted it. I worked to a specific time plan and I think because I worked to this time plan it has helped me to create a more successful website. I think I also managed the creation of my website pretty well by using online tutorials learning myself how to do certain things on Adobe Dreamweaver like adding Java Script to my work as my tutor wasn’t available to help at this certain time.

I think the skills I have learnt throughout my Digital Applications folder, not only on Adobe Dreamweaver but on how to rapid prototype, how to research effectively, how to use a 960 grid to its best abilities, and why wire frames are so important and useful, will be carried on with me throughout the rest of my graphic design career.

I think I will continue to work on this portfolio website and constantly update it with new pieces of work that I create and hopefully will end up creating a blog section that I can update tutorials that I have made myself to try and get myself and my work recognised.

Although this website isn’t as professional and finished to such a high standard like the work of ‘Chris Spooner’ and his online portfolio I am really proud to say that I created this website as its my first ever attempt at making a website and my first ever time I have used Adobe Dreamweaver.

No comments:

Post a Comment