Thursday 10 May 2012

Kevin Lucius - Review




http://kevinlucius.com/


I really like the layout and simplicity of this portfolio. I think the layout of the work really works well because it is very easy to see and if you want to look at the work in more detail it is easy as all you have to do is click on the image and it opens it up in a 'light-box' effect. Most of the different portfolio websites I have looked at all seem to use a light-box when showcasing their work. I think this is useful when trying to keep the main focal point of the page the actual work and I think it would also be a good idea to use a zoom option on the light-box effect to make parts of the work even more prominent. 



I think the about me section on the right hand side of the home page is a very useful part of the website as it allows the client that’s viewing the portfolio to look directly at the designer, see what he looks like and see the thing the designer is interested in outside of his work based life. I think this is very important for any client to show that the designer has his head screwed on and is sane.

I think Its very useful to state places that the designer has worked for even if the work he done there was voluntary it shows there flexibility and that fact that they have actually worked to specific deadlines etc (also in the right hand column).

I think the way Lucius has set out his work into different sections really works well however I would possibly have longs to different parts of the page at the top because at initial glance it only looks as if the designer is showcasing his personal work, which is also important but not what the client is specifically looking for.

I also think it is very important for the designer to state where they live as this designer states he lives in Chicago so it would be harder to communicate with someone in a different country compared to someone two or three doors away. 

No comments:

Post a Comment