Thursday 10 May 2012

Jesse Willmon - Review



Initially you are introduced to the designers website with a very illustrative based design. The design is a little bit all over the place but I do really like the idea of it. I like the style of the designs and the free hand sketches. However I do think the design of the website could be improved by making the whole website just a little bit more professional. I do like the navigation bar on the portfolio itself and I think it looks very approachable and user friendly.

I was really shocked to see on one of the photos that the designer was actually male because of the way the whole layout and illustration of the website was it actually came across rather feminine. I think the way the left hand navigation bar works is really mind boggling and I don’t think it looks as good free hand as it could if it was simple and computerised. I think the main entry screen works really well as it immediately navigates you to different parts of the portfolio and I think this is something I could possibly consider when designing my own website. However I think I will make my website a little bit more professional looking by using images from my work or snapshots of parts of my work rather that small scamps drawn free hand. I think however overall the website works well and I could image it being very attractive for people looking for work for a kids book or something along the children’s lines.

I don’t think the website sets you up for the content of the portfolio as I was expecting a lot more illustrative designs but they all are very professional and vector based. A lot of the design work on the portfolio seems to be web design so I would consider using different sections for different parts of the portfolio. 

No comments:

Post a Comment